Re: [78attendees] WARNING !!! Re: Maastricht to Brussels-Nat-Aero, Sat 07:09

2010-08-28 14:57:53
The savings really depends upon the city.  After Maastricht, I went to
Paris and the hotel for me there was 25 Euros a nite less than in
Maastricht and I would have also saved several hundred dollars in
airfare as well as alot of time in transit.  So, while it is possible
that IETF may have to pay more for meeting facilities,  I contend that
the net expenses for the average participant would be fairly close,
even if the meeting fee were higher.

Certainly, my meal expenses overall would be higher in larger and
easier to reach cities, but that's more because I could actually find
more to eat than that the overall costs are significantly higher.

Mary.

What you save in transportation at the tail end can be totally destroyed
by hotel and dining costs, and the IETF has to pay more for meeting
facilities.

swb