Re: [78attendees] WARNING !!! Re: Maastricht to Brussels-Nat-Aero, Sat 07:09

2010-08-29 01:50:33
On Sun, 29 Aug 2010, Yoav Nir wrote:

Hopefully. But only the two hotels listed there have agreements and
special rates for IETF attendants. In Maastricht there were a lot of
hotels with special rates, so a lot were listed.

Yeah, and people (as usual) complained that they could get much better
rates outside the IETF block. Can't win that one.

In all those locations this was not a problem, but I don't know how
to spot a fleabag hotel in China. I believe I can do this in the US
or Europe.

Lonely Planet? Google? Ask someone who has been there? Wait a couple
of weeks and see what the host comes up with?

For the record, I tried to "hire" (volunteer) a local expert who
has lived there for 18 years and speaks fluent Mandarin and English,
but he was too busy with his day job, I am still hoping someone else
will step up to the plate, but in any case, I am confident the host
will help. Plus there are lots of people on this list who can assist,
one of the reasons we are going to China is the increasing
participation from China in the IETF.

James Seng, how do you read?

Sounds great, but food and hotels are two separate expense report
items, each with its own caps.

Fair enough, but total cost is surely a factor for approval, no?

I know, I won't call you Shirley again :-)

Ole