Re: [78attendees] WARNING !!! Re: Maastricht to Brussels-Nat-Aero, Sat 07:09

2010-08-29 05:19:49
On 29/08/2010 06:22, Yoav Nir wrote:
 The warning to have your destination written down in Chinese,
because the taxi drivers don't speak English doesn't inspire confidence
either.

I've never been to Beijing myself but friends who have told me that this
worked perfect for them: the taxidriver understood where they wanted
to go and they got there in more or less a straight line.

For most business meetings, all this doesn't matter. You either have a host
that helps you out, or your Chinese sales office helps you out. For an IETF
meeting, we don't really have either of these.

The host and the IETF do help: we provide 2 hotels and instructions on how
to get there.

The IETF (IAOC, local host, ...) is not a travel agent though, if you
have requirements outside what is provided, I suggest that you contact
a travel agent.

Henk

Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.xs4all.nl/~henku
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746