RE: Dedicated list for technical discussions

2010-08-30 16:00:55
At 7:42 PM +0100 8/30/10, Dave Cridland wrote:

I would note that these items are precisely the kinds of things that we, as an organization, are utterly ill-equipped to handle. We cannot use our tried and tested bureaucratic techniques to mitigate time-consuming discussion - we cannot insist people write a draft, propose a BOF, etc before actually discussing the issue.

Therefore, I suggest - and quite seriously, as I assure you I would never joke about something so serious as this - that a new area be formed forthwith to tackle what's obviously more important than any mere technical issue. This new area - perhaps entitled the Hotel Organizational Logistic Strategies area, could be home to a number of key working groups, aimed at solving these fundamental issues that plague us all.

Well, we have in the past dealt with process and organizational issues using a WG (although I can't recall which area). But I'm not sure we need a new area.

--
Randall Gellens