RE: IETF Attendance by continent

2010-09-02 00:41:41

Hi,

I agree with Jari.

In my opinion, the discussion whether we should change the meeting calendar
(not having meetings during summer vacation months etc) was much more
interesting and useful.

Regards,

Christer

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of Jari Arkko
Sent: 2. syyskuuta 2010 0:07
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: IETF Attendance by continent

I think we are over-analyzing this. Do not be too focused on
the numbers, or whether current <pick your metric> points to
1, 1.7, or 2. I think it is more important to think about
where the IETF is headed and where Internet and networking
work seems to be happening in the world.
 From that perspective I would personally prefer to see
1:1:1, and in any case,
venue/contract/sponsor/planninghorizon/unforeseenevent
probably cause more fluctuation than what our possible more
fine-grained policy would give.

In other words, "close enough" and let the IAOC worry about
the details.

Jari