Re: My comments to the press about RFC 2474

2010-09-03 15:40:55
This is what the press is saying:

"The head of the Internet's leading standards body said Thursday that it is "misleading" for AT&T to claim that its push to charge customers for high-priority service is technically justified.

"Internet Engineering Task Force chairman Russ Housley told CNET that AT&T's arguments to federal regulators, which cited networking standards to justify "paid prioritization" of network traffic, were invalid.

""AT&T in their letter (to the Federal Communications Commission) says the IETF envisioned this," Housley said. "That's not my view.""

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-20015498-38.html

It's quite clear that Russ' remarks have been taken to mean "the head of the IETF says payment for premium service was never envisioned by the IETF" regardless of what he may or may not have said.

RB

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-20015498-38.html#ixzz0yV7O8Ofv