The Evils of Informational RFC's

2010-09-08 10:03:48
Can we please, please, please kill Informational RFC's?  Pre-WWW, having
publicly available documentation of hard-to-get proprietary protocols was
certainly useful.  However, in today's environment of thousands of
Internet-connected publication venues, why would we possibly ask ourselves to
shoot ourselves in the foot by continuing the practice of Informational RFC
publication?