Re: [MEXT] Last Call: draft-ietf-mext-nemo-pd (DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation for NEMO) to Proposed Standard

2010-09-09 10:20:23

On 9/09/10 3:54 PM, "Wassim Haddad"
<wassim(_dot_)haddad(_at_)ericsson(_dot_)com> wrote:

On Sep 8, 2010, at 7:58 AM, Alexandru Petrescu wrote:

I agree mainly with the document draft-ietf-mext-nemo-pd.

It is good and needed to dynamically assign a Mobile Network Prefix to
the NEMO-enabled Mobile Router.

However, here are a couple of missing points.

One missing point is about how will the Mobile Router configure its
default route on the home link?  I thought Prefix Delegation would bring
DHCP in the picture and would allow MR to synthesize a default route
even though RAs are absent.  But I now realize that a DHCPv6-PD
implementation (and std?) does not allow a router (MR) to synthesize its
default route (neither RA does, nor DHCPv6-nonPD does).

=> I think the MR can easily act as a host on its egress interface and
configure its default/next hop router that way. Of course the other
alternative is to use routing protocols, but I think using ND should be
sufficient.

Hesham