Re: Fisking vs Top-Posting

2010-09-20 19:04:36
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 19:59:13 -0400 John Leslie wrote:

Scott Brim <scott(_dot_)brim(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

btw top-posting is not the spawn of evil demons, it's perfectly
appropriate in some situations, e.g. this one, where the original mail
is just attached for possible reference.

   Aha!

   (Scott can take care of himself without feeling the need to retaliate;
so I'll respond to his email...)

   Top-posting which copies the _entire_ post being responded to is
definitely the spawn of evil demons!

   It's also incredibly annoying to those of us trying to follow high-
bandwidth lists like this one.

IETF is high bandwidth?  ;)

Hint:  try Linux kernel development mailing lists.

   (Myself, I find it much easier to follow in-line comments, so I take
the effort to post that way. I'll be happy to pay attention to private
emails cricicizing me for this, but I _will_not_ participate in a
public flame-war about how dreadful this practice is.)

I see $subject only as personal preference, nothing else.
(does that get retaliation?)

---
~Randy