RE: Nomcom 2010-2011: READ THIS: Important Information on Open Disclosure

2010-09-22 16:02:25
So would you even make public the comments that people send in?

IMHO we have not agree to this (and I wouldn't support it).

Ross

-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of todd glassey
Sent: Wednesday, September 22, 2010 4:19 PM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Nomcom 2010-2011: READ THIS: Important Information on Open
Disclosure

On 9/22/2010 12:28 PM, Ross Callon wrote:
--On Wednesday, September 22, 2010 08:53 -0700 Dave CROCKER
<dhc(_at_)dcrocker(_dot_)net> wrote:
...On the other hand, the practical reality is that getting an
IETF login is easy
enough to make this issue pretty minor, IMO.

I have two thoughts on this:

One the one hand, I agree with the part of Dave Crocker's email that getting
an IETF login is easy enough that the approach that the current nomcom is
taking seems to be workable.

Also, I don't think that we want press articles about who is running for IETF
leadership positions, who was rejected and who was accepted, and so on. Thus
the fact that the current approach makes you agree to keep the names
confidential would appear to be a very strong statement to the press not to
publish the contents of the list.

No I totally disagree. TRANSPARENCY is the rule - and it means all
parties are properly tracked and all reviews are done in plain sight.
That means that the people doing the reviews are accountable for them in
a legal sense and that is a long-time coming here.

So ... No, everything gets published.

Todd

Ross
23:34:00

--

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based
on this message or any information herein. If you have received this
and delete this message.

Thank you for your cooperation.