Re: draft-iab-dns-applications - clarification re: Send-N

2010-10-21 17:43:02
Probing each time when a new digit arrives does not seem reasonable to me.

Hi.  I have a couple of phones on my desk, but the one I use the most
is a two-line phone, one's an ILEC POTS line, the other's an analog
VoIP terminal adapter.  I have some numbers on speed dial but I often
dial numbers one digit at a time.

I dunno about you, but it seems utterly unreasonable to demand that we
change the way we've been placing calls for the better part of a
century merely to avoid a few DNS lookups.  I thought computers were
supposed to make life easier for people, not the other way around.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet
for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, ex-Mayor
"More Wiener schnitzel, please", said Tom, revealingly.