Re: Document Action: 'ANSI C12.22, IEEE 1703 and MC12.22 TransportOver IP' to Informational RFC

2010-10-26 17:33:35

"Ralph" == Ralph Droms <rdroms(_dot_)ietf(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> writes:
    Ralph> Combining an excellent suggestion from Donald and Avygdor's
    Ralph> clarification as to the official status of this document, I
    Ralph> suggest an RFC Editor note to add the following text as a new
    Ralph> last paragraph in the Introduction:

    Ralph>   This document was created by technical experts of the ANSI
    Ralph> C12.22 and ANSI C12.19 Standards, based on they first hand
    Ralph> implementation knowledge of existing C12.22 implementations
    Ralph> for the Internet.  It is not an official and approved
    Ralph> submission on behalf of the ANSI C12.22 and ANSI C12.19
    Ralph> working groups.  The content of this document is an
    Ralph> expression on the aggregate experience of all known
    Ralph> implementations of ANSI C12.22 for the SmartGrid using the
    Ralph> Internet.

But, Ralph, if we publish as an Informational RFC, which is *NOT* a
standards track document, how will utilities reference this into a
NAFTA Chapter 10, article 7 compliant RFP?

(Well, they can, because NAFTA tribunal lawyers do not understand our
nomenclature. See other thread...)

They will have to write "RFC-c1222-TCP or equivalent", which means
essentially, it can be provided by C12.22-over-RS422-on-chicken-wire.

I think that the SmartGrid directorate should adopt this document.

] mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ottawa(_dot_)on(_dot_)ca
http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
                       then sign the petition.