Re: Document Action: 'ANSI C12.22, IEEE 1703 and MC12.22 TransportOver IP' to Informational RFC

2010-10-27 10:46:43
Donald,

I think I agree with you. But I do not know what the right answer is.
The document is self contained. The material presented in the IESG Write-ups represent background about the document.

We always listen and follow the guidance of IETF, and IETF Editor.

Regards
Avygdor Moise
----- Original Message ----- From: "Donald Eastlake" <d3e3e3(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com>
To: "Avygdor Moise" <avy(_at_)fdos(_dot_)ca>
Cc: "Jonathan Brodkin" <jonathan(_dot_)brodkin(_at_)fdos(_dot_)ca>; <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>; "IESG IESG" <iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 2:42 PM
Subject: Re: Document Action: 'ANSI C12.22, IEEE 1703 and MC12.22 TransportOver IP' to Informational RFC

If there is something in the IESG write-up that is needed to
understand the nature of a document, that material should also appear
in the document. Most people looking at RFCs probably don't even know
that an IESG write-up might exist or where to find it and even those
who do know about the IESG write-up will assume that the RFC (and
possibly any Errata) are all they need to look at.

This doesn't seem like a big deal. Just take the first two sentences
of the "Working Group Summary" section of the IESG write-up and add
them to the Abstract and/or Introduction, or something like that.

Thanks,
Donald