Re: [79all] IETF Badge

2010-11-11 05:39:41

On Thu, 11 Nov 2010, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

Being required to carry one's badge is indeed a minor issue. Allowing
the local host to dictate how we run our meetings is a major issue.

Peter

And having to display your badge = "dictate how we run our meetings" ???

I've said this before and I will say it again: If we think the IETF is
an international organization and we seek to "spread the pain" wrt to
travel etc, then, yes, we will from time to time have to suffer "local
customs" which may include riding trains, decifering non-English
language and characters, eating "foreign food" and so on.

For 20 - 30 seconds, try to imagine what it is like for someone from
China travelling to Minneapolis to attend an IETF.

Scary? You bet. Yet it's been going on for years.

Ole