Re: [79all] IETF Badge

2010-11-11 15:21:17
Hi Sam,
At 00:18 11-11-10, Samuel Weiler wrote:
The IAOC offered four explanations at the plenary:
1) There's an RFC that requires us to wear badges.

If that is FYI 17:

  "You need to be wearing your badge in order to get into
   the terminal room."

You could remind the IAOC that not all RFCs are standards. :-)

3) We've had past problems with equipment disappearing, and

Yes.

4) "The local host requires ... checking the people in the meeting
areas who are registered for the meeting".  (Point 4 verbatim from
the transcript.)

That is likely a side effect due to meeting location or due to language issues.

The first two answers are not on point: we do not have badge police on working group rooms at a normal IETF meeting[1].

By badge police, I gather that you mean that admittance to a working group session is not regulated.

Regards,
-sm