Re: [79all] IETF Badge

2010-11-12 17:50:50
Mike,

I did not edit your email, it was included in its entirety below what
I wrote. I did not see the "original comment" which came in a
different msg, not the one I was rerplying to.

The question you ask has been answered many times already, but to
repeat:

The IAOC did not make a "Policy Decision" about badges for this
meeting. We have not made a policy decision about badge checking at
future meetings either.

I can well imagine a future situation, in , oh say, Paris, where an
attendee loses a laptop due to theft and there is an outcry about
"nobody checking entry", but perhaps we should just leave that to the
usual IETF way and burn that bridge when we get to it.

Have a good trip home.

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj