Re: [79all] IETF Badge

2010-11-15 13:45:47

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010, Lou Berger wrote:

Xiangsong,
      I suspect you may have misunderstood me.  I'm endorsing the old
practice of letting in (to meetings) any who wish *without* payment or badge.
Sure they won't be able to go into the terminal room, but that isn't a
significant issue.  Them eating the snacks could possibly turn into an issue,
but it hasn't to date.

Lou

I am sure this happens already to some extent and I don't think it's
an issue (having a guest speaker, someone who wants to find out about
a specific working group, whatever...). So long as this does not turn
into a way to abuse the system, I don't think anyone is suggesting TSA
style security at our meetings.

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj