Re: [79all] IETF Badge

2010-11-11 17:37:47

On 11/12/2010 7:09 AM, Scott Brim wrote:
Was it in Paris that laptops were being stolen from the meeting rooms?
I recall wishing that room entry restrictions would be enforced.

and munich and stockholm. the latter was from under the seat while the person was sitting there in the middle of a session...

Any presumption of property safety in IETF meeting rooms is misplaced.

Unfortunately, I do not, for one second, believe that checking badges at the door changes this particular security exposure.

As much as our group tone and longevity encourages the view of collegial familiarity, in reality most of the 1200, or so, attendees are strangers to each other. In most of the world, trusting 1200 strangers to keep one's property safe is not especially rational.

d/
--

  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking