Re: [79all] IETF Badge

2010-11-11 11:57:13

On Nov 11, 2010, at 11:04 AM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

Security on the terminal room is long-standing.  It has equipment in it.

To be fair, so might the meeting rooms (audio equipment, projectors,
etc.). Perhaps in this instance the hotel was concerned about theft of
such equipment.

Equipment??  Considering the prices in the lobby bar, they were clearly
protecting the coffee and tea!

-hadriel
p.s. I for one am glad they had strict badge checking - we're in the middle of
a major city, and I don't want to worry about leaving my bag/laptop by my seat
in a meeting room when I go up to the mic. (which in my case is too often)