Re: Badges and blue sheets

2010-11-11 21:02:19
Personally I am ok with the badge checking (as form of access control to a
non-public resource (meeting, terminal rooms)) but I can understand some of
related questions regarding who modifies ietf operation.

Regarding freeriders: agree that would be a big deal. But I am not aware of any
incident of that. So I would like to hear more about such incidents and extend
(even anecdotal) before considering anything for this reason.

For bluesheets automation: Didn't we have the RFID experiment in Hiroshima
Unfortunately at that time with dual blue sheet and rfid. To replace by rfid
may still be a way. But thinking about both methods: if a person wants to avoid
blue sheets either method he could do that without detection. And even easier:
we have all slides, audio stream and jabber online available, is the blue sheet
really still helpful regarding patent trolls?

Tobias

On 12 Nov 2010, at 00:09, Brian E Carpenter
<brian(_dot_)e(_dot_)carpenter(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

On 2010-11-12 12:32, Lawrence Conroy wrote:
Do I think the introduction of badge police to control access to IETF
WG meetings is a big deal?

I think that freeriders attending our meetings without paying their
share of costs would be a big deal.

I think that patent trolls attending our meetings without identifying
themselves and signing the blue sheets would be a big deal.

I am very happy to have my badge checked and I would be even happier
if the blue sheets could be automated.

   Brian