Re: [79all] IETF Badge

2010-11-11 10:05:14
On 11/11/10 11:22 PM, Dave CROCKER wrote:

On 11/11/2010 10:17 PM, Henk Uijterwaal wrote:
On 11/11/2010 12:01, Dave CROCKER wrote:

It is a change in practice.  It is not a change in formal requirement.
This has (always?) been an unenforced requirement.(*)

No, I've been refused entry to the terminal room at least once because
I did
not wear my badge.  In some venues (Maastricht, Paris, and maybe others)
a badge was needed to enter the building early in the morning or late in
the evening.

Security on the terminal room is long-standing.  It has equipment in it.

To be fair, so might the meeting rooms (audio equipment, projectors,
etc.). Perhaps in this instance the hotel was concerned about theft of
such equipment. However, we don't know why the policy was so strictly
enforced this time, nor whether the IAOC or the Secretariat was asked to
do so by the hotel or by the local host. And if people don't know the
cause they begin to speculate.

When might the IAOC be able to provide a definitive answer?

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/