Re: [79all] IETF Badge

2010-11-11 08:26:54
Sam,

I will take this as explanation for why you did not push back on the host (or
hotel) earlier, rather than as an attempt to start a conversation about the
reasonableness of such a change in general.

My personal opinion on this: the requirement is that the meeting facilities
(rooms, terminals, food, reception, etc) are accessible to the people who have
registered and paid for them, and not accessible to people who have not
registered.  That requirement has been around forever.

The implementation of this requirement is best left to the local organizers,
they know the location, local habits, costs to enforce this, etc.  As far as
I can see, the requirement has been implemented here, so I'm happy.

Henk

ps. And this evening a newbie told me that he found it very handy that
everybody was wearing a badge, as it allowed him to get the names of
everybody he spoke to.

Henk Uijterwaal                           Email: henk.uijterwaal(at)ripe.net
RIPE Network Coordination Centre          http://www.xs4all.nl/~henku
P.O.Box 10096          Singel 258         Phone: +31.20.5354414
1001 EB Amsterdam      1016 AB Amsterdam  Fax: +31.20.5354445
The Netherlands        The Netherlands    Mobile: +31.6.55861746