Re: [IAOC] Badges and blue sheets

2010-11-16 12:52:02

        another datapoint for those keeping score.  I am aware of people who
register, pay
        and don't attend.   seems that IETF attendance is a value proposition.

        is it worth it (to my organization/self) to spend the time, money,
effort to engage in the
        IETF and its processes?

        for some, the burden of recent years (the "note well", the slipping off
of long-time support
        in favor of quasi-autonomous independence, the IPR constraints, the
increase in fees) changed
        the equation    and there are people who don't participate anymore.  I
think the community
        is poorer as a result.

        perhaps we should take a leaf from the IoT community and insist on
implanted RFID tags
        as our badges?   surely that would make it easier to track attendees
and allow for a much
        finer grained billing structure?

--bill