Re: [IAOC] Badges and blue sheets

2010-11-16 11:02:33
+1

Let's stop over-thinking this and get back to work.

--Richard

On 11/16/10 5:59 PM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 05:49:06PM +0100, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
We need a consistent policy.

I think the idea that we need a giant rule-book of policies, carefully
gone over by everyone to ensure perfect consistency among the rules
applying to different classes of people (whose situations we will
artificially make "the same" in order that the comparison function
works, in some giant new volunteer-run form of Ontario's failed pay
equity system) is the sort of beguiling fantasy that destroys formerly
agile, loose organizations like the IETF.  We do not need a consistent
policy.  What we need, I say, is no policy at all except, "The
people handling the money shall use good judgement, and we'll get to
audit the books afterwards."