Re: [IAOC] Badges and blue sheets

2010-11-12 12:25:22

On Nov 12, 2010, at 4:08 AM, Yoav Nir wrote:

On Nov 12, 2010, at 7:36 AM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:

Hi Henk,

I don't agree. If there is people "essential" to the meeting but can't pay,
as we all pay for that, we have the right to know.

I disagree with that. There is a privacy issue here. If x can't pay his way,
and needs a comp ticket, it's enough that the IETF chair knows about this.
It's not our right to know of their financial situation.

+1

Marshall

This is an open organization right ? I will be VERY concerned if we don't
have this information being made public immediately. It sounds really really
strange to me.

You pay for everything the Spanish government does, which, I assume, includes
some kinds of welfare like unemployment benefits. You don't get a list of all
people who get these benefits, do you?

Is it documented in any RFC ?

Moreover, if I'm in between jobs, or need a new job, or whatever, I think is
good for me that others know, in case I can get some new offers.

People look for jobs in various ways at their discretion. Being from Spain,
there are only 6 more of your countrymen at the Beijing meeting. How many
relevant job offers would you get?