Re: [IAOC] Badges and blue sheets

2010-11-12 06:27:30
Yes, you get all that in Spain.

It is obvious, if you claim for public money, you agree to make it public.
Transparency is over privacy. If you opt for your privacy, then you
shouldn't get the public funding.

Regards,
Jordi

From: Yoav Nir <ynir(_at_)checkpoint(_dot_)com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 11:08:39 +0200
To: "jordi(_dot_)palet(_at_)consulintel(_dot_)es"
<jordi(_dot_)palet(_at_)consulintel(_dot_)es>
Cc: "iaoc(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org" <iaoc(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>, IETF discussion
list <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Subject: Re: [IAOC] Badges and blue sheets

On Nov 12, 2010, at 7:36 AM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:

Hi Henk,

I don't agree. If there is people "essential" to the meeting but can't pay,
as we all pay for that, we have the right to know.

I disagree with that. There is a privacy issue here. If x can't pay his way,
and needs a comp ticket, it's enough that the IETF chair knows about this.
It's not our right to know of their financial situation.

This is an open organization right ? I will be VERY concerned if we don't
have this information being made public immediately. It sounds really really
strange to me.

You pay for everything the Spanish government does, which, I assume, includes
some kinds of welfare like unemployment benefits. You don't get a list of all
people who get these benefits, do you?

Is it documented in any RFC ?

Moreover, if I'm in between jobs, or need a new job, or whatever, I think is
good for me that others know, in case I can get some new offers.

People look for jobs in various ways at their discretion. Being from Spain,
there are only 6 more of your countrymen at the Beijing meeting. How many
relevant job offers would you get?

The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the
individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that
information, including attached files, is prohibited.