Re: Publishing list of non-paying IETF attendees, was Re: [IAOC] Badges and blue sheets

2010-11-14 15:56:32

Keep in mind that the volunteers don't typically have any time to
partake in the meeting itself, in fact, on average they dont' even
partake in the cookie breaks. We do separately fund the NOC activities
in various ways, but in practice "free registration" only amounts to
a badge and the T-shirt which itself is sponsored separately.

The few hardship cases in question aren't worth making a fuss about
in my opinion.

The Mayor of Hiroshima was presented with an IETF bage and T-shirt and
promptly changed into said attire. Whether or not he was counted as
non-paying I do not know, but I am certain he didn't make it to any
working groups, even if in theory he could have.

Bert on the other hand has clearly been taking advantage of us for
years, we should put a stop to that :-)

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj