Re: Fwd: [OPS-DIR] OPS-DIR Review of draft-yevstifeyev-tn3270-uri-12

2011-01-12 18:57:37
12.01.2011 14:19, Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Munich) wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: ops-dir-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:ops-dir-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of ext Ersue, Mehmet (NSN - DE/Munich)
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 1:07 PM
To: ops-dir(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Cc: draft-yevstifeyev-tn3270-uri-authors(_at_)tools(_dot_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: [OPS-DIR] OPS-DIR Review of draft-yevstifeyev-tn3270-uri-12

I reviewed draft-yevstifeyev-tn3270-uri-12 for its operational impacts..

'tn3270' URI scheme.

Obviously this is an individual submission without any document write-up
and supporting AD.
Why without?  Peter Saint-Andre is sponsoring AD.
I would like to read a document write-up with the regular template even
if it is written by the author.

The main purpose of the document, namely to update the IANA registration
of tn3270 URI scheme using the given registration template, should be
added to the Introduction section. In general I would suggest to include
in the Introduction section the purpose of the action and more
importantly why existing IANA registrations are not sufficient and why
the publication of this RFC is needed.
Agreed.  I'll add that as soon as possible.
Obviously the GEN-Area reviewer (Tom Petch) has an opposite opinion and
does not see this IANA registration in the interest of IETF (see
https://www.ietf.org/ibin/c5i?mid=6&rid=49&gid=0&k1=933&k2=55119&tid=129
4831574). The reviewer furthermore states, following the rules in
RFC4395 the document should provide concrete contact information for the
editor instead of an anonymous email address only.
That would be corrected so that the author will be IETF and contact - IESG.
I don't see any additional operation impact other than above.

Other issues:

- The used language needs some polishing.

- Following are draft nits suggesting correction:

== The copyright year in the IETF Trust and authors Copyright Line does
not
    match the current year

->  Use new template or: s/2010/2011/
Will be corrected.
-- Obsolete informational reference (is this intentional?): RFC 1738
    (Obsoleted by RFC 4248, RFC 4266)

->  Use correct reference or clarify.
Obsolete Informational references are allowed.  I don't see a problem here.

Mykyta

Mehmet