author's address (was: Re: Fwd: [OPS-DIR] OPS-DIR Review of draft-yevstifeyev-tn3270-uri-12)

2011-01-13 12:12:37
On 1/13/11 10:53 AM, Joel M. Halpern wrote:
I would also point out that there is a difference between a contact for
a draft and a contact for a registry.
For a draft, there is always an individual contact.  We frequently
accept that the only contact information is an email address.

For a registry, the contact information requirement depends upon what
the update policy is for the registry.

For what it's worth, Section 10 of the informational RFC 2223
("Instructions to RFC Authors") states:

   Each RFC must have at the very end a section giving the author's
   address, including the name and postal address, the telephone number,
   (optional: a FAX number) and the Internet email address.

However, I agree that inclusion of all but the name and email address
has not been enforced.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre