RE: author's address (was: Re: Fwd: [OPS-DIR] OPS-DIR Reviewofdraft-yevstifeyev-tn3270-uri-12)

From: ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org [ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of Phillip Hallam-Baker [hallam(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]

I believe that my personal security trumps any and all considerations that
might be raised here.

I do not give my home address out and do not intend to change. If the RFC
editor were to insist that the fields are filled they are going to get a fake
address.

There are a number of ways of establishing a postal address that is not
connected to one's physical residence.  Indeed, such postal addresses are often
more stable than one's residence address.  So I don't see any conflict of
requirements here.

(Though the idea of an author being targeted for assassination for writing an
RFC does pique my interest!)

Dale