RE: Fwd: [OPS-DIR] OPS-DIR Review of draft-yevstifeyev-tn3270-uri-12

2011-01-13 11:53:29

I agree with Dale. I have subscriber database of with around 30,000
records and the "churn" in e-mail addresses is much higher than
changes in postal information. Of course in (some parts of) the real
world, the concept of forwarding, address correction etc exists so
that I (sometimes) get notified of the new postal address. In most
e-mail cases all I get is a mailer-daemon message.

I don't think there is any simple solution to the author contact
information problem. Like most things, it will be correct at the
time of publication but subject to change in the future. Given that
RFCs are archival documents this could only be solved with some
large dynamic errata database that nobody is prepared to maintain
I am sure.

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   Mobile: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj