Re: MHonArc mail archive line wrapping

2011-02-17 19:05:44
Hi Randy,

--On February 17, 2011 3:04:02 PM -0800 Randy Presuhn <randy_presuhn(_at_)mindspring(_dot_)com> wrote:

Assuming you have ASCII key board, 80-column assumption is
reasonable.

For reasonable devices, I would agree.  But the use case cited
is for  people are using devices with display capabilities
which are in some respects much more limited than those of
the teletypes and CRTs in common use in the 1970s.  The
question is whether to change email practice in order to better
support these limited devices.  (My answer would be "no".)

All we have to do is make sure the tools we use actually make use of IETF standards (that have been around for a while) such as <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc2646/> which would go a long way to solving this particular problem.

--
Cyrus Daboo