Re: Where to find IETF recommendations?

On 2011-03-02 01:29, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 01:18:12PM +0100, Shane Kerr wrote:

FWIW, this came up in the dnsext working group a few years ago. In the
end, I don't think anything was done, which is kind of a shame.

Nothing was done for want of workers ;-) We concluded there was no
real room in official IETF channels for such a publication,

I have asserted for some years that the "Applicability Statement"
subset of the standards track, defined in RFC 2026, could perfectly well
be used for explaining how a group of RFCs fit together. There have
been various proposals for more specific methods than that which haven't
caught on, but the real problem has already been mentioned:

in v6ops ops we have documents like:

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-jankiewicz-v6ops-v4v6biblio-03.txt

opsec

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/opsec/draft-ietf-opsec-efforts/

Nothing was done for want of workers ;-)

It is a lot of work. I've done it for IETF process RFCs and even that
was a lot of work:
http://www.ietf.org/about/process-docs.html

    Brian