Re: IAOC: delegating ex-officio responsibility

2011-03-30 07:27:40
I'm very concerned about the IETF Chair getting decoupled
from the IAOC. The IETF Chair's job is a whole lot more than being
IESG Chair, and some degree of personal responsibility for oversight of
the administrative work seems to me to be appropriate.

So I'm not at all sure this delegation is a good thing.

There's nothing that says they have to delegate; if the officer in
question thinks it's a good idea to delegate, she can.  If not, she
needn't.  Are you really saying that the IETF Chair should NOT BE
ALLOWED to, even if she thinks it's right?

Barry