Re: Review of: draft-ietf-v6ops-v6-aaaa-whitelisting-implications-03

2011-05-04 18:57:52
On 05/03/2011 01:43, SM wrote:
I am stupid but I am not that stupid to go and argue about a draft that
has been blessed by DNSOP and v6ops.

"Blessed" is rather strong. There are a non-zero number of people in both groups (of which I am one) who don't like the draft, and don't agree that documenting bad ideas is its own virtue.

The other reason that I personally opposed the draft is that it's not going to make 1 tiny bit of difference. The people who are going to do this are going to do it, regardless of what the IETF says about its relative merit. Thus publishing it is just a waste of everyone's time. However, the rough consensus was to move it forward, so here we are.

Meanwhile, the discussion about whether or not to call this "whitelisting" is pointless. The term is already well-established.

Doug

                        -- OK Go