Re: Review of: draft-ietf-v6ops-v6-aaaa-whitelisting-implications-03

2011-05-02 14:40:11
Perhaps the document could include the arguments for and against this
practice?  That way, someone who is new to IPv6
deployment theory can quickly get up to speed.

I'm very much in favor of documents which say "don't do this -- but if
you have to, here's how."  But they have to include enough context for
someone to understand why it'd be better if they didn't.

In the last update I added Section 9 "Is DNS Whitelisting a Recommended
Practice?"to attempt to address the question of "should a domain do this
or not?" (see
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-v6-aaaa-whitelisting-implicatio
ns-03#section-9).

If folks here and on v6ops think it is valuable, I could add a sub-section
to this which addresses recommended things an implementer should do
(transparent/published policies, SLA on decision making, etc.).

Jason