Re: [v6ops] Review of: draft-ietf-v6ops-v6-aaaa-whitelisting-implications-03

2011-05-16 17:30:14
Hi Dave,

I take no position on whether it's in good taste to use the word "whitelist" in
this particular instance or in general, but

On 2011-05-16, at 18:21, Dave CROCKER wrote:

1. It is not previously standardized and I believe it is not documented in an
RFC.

the term appears to have some precedent in the RFC series (see
<http://www.google.com/search?q=whitelist+rfc+site:rfc-editor.org>, which
includes such contexts as DNS, mail, SDP, Atom, v4 and v6 network operations
and SIP), and

2. It is typically a split-DNS private/public mechanism.

No.

Joe