Re: [ietf-dkim] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dkim-mailinglists-10.txt> (DKIM And Mailing Lists) to BCP

2011-05-21 17:01:02
As chair, I can say that consensus was to make this normative, not experimental.

With the best will in the world, I was there, and I saw no such consensus.

The closest thing I can find in a quick search of the archive is this note, which says that the group agreed on one thing (that lists should sign their mail) but not on anything else:

http://mipassoc.org/pipermail/ietf-dkim/2010q4/014630.html

This document does not describe existing signing practice. It makes a variety of highly speculative recommendations unsupported by experience. It is an experiment.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for
Dummies",