Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dkim-mailinglists-10.txt> (DKIM And Mailing Lists) to BCP

2011-05-12 19:39:57
The document is well written and does a good job of describing the
various issues related to lists and DKIM.

My problem with it is that most of the advice is as far as I can tell
unimplemented, so it's more of a Best Hypothetical Practices than a
BCP.  A typical example is section 4.1 which suggests different
message signatures for mail sent to lists rather than mail sent to
other places.  I'm not aware of anyone doing that, and it's not
obvious how you could even tell whether a message is going to a list
short of keeping an error prone manually maintained registry of list
names.

I'd suggest publishing it as Informational or Experimental rather than
BCP.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet
for Dummies",