Re: How to pay $47 for a copy of RFC 793

2011-05-12 16:21:12
On 12.05.2011 23:09, Bob Hinden wrote:
Steve,

On May 9, 2011, at 5:05 PM, Steve Crocker wrote:

A simpler and more pragmatic approach is to include a statement in the boilerplate of
every RFC that says, "RFCs are available free of charge online from ..."

The copyright rules would prohibit anyone from removing this statement.  If
someone pays $47 for a copy and then reads this statement, he is unlikely to
pay $47 again.

I wonder how they came up with $47?

It is such a nice prime number.  See:

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/47_(number)

I recommend reading it.  I never knew that a number could be so interesting.

"47 (forty-seven) is the natural number following 46 and preceding 48."

Wow.