TSVDIR Review for draft-ohba-pana-relay-03

2011-06-06 03:39:58
Hello,
I've reviewed this document as part of the transport area
directorate's ongoing effort to review key IETF documents. These
comments were written primarily for the transport area directors, but
are copied to the document's authors for their information and to
allow them to address any issues raised. The authors should consider
this review together with any other last-call comments they
receive. Please always CC tsv-dir(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org if you reply to or forward
this review.

This draft specifies protocol for PANA Relay Element that can relay
messages between a PaC and a PAA where they cannot reach each other.
The proposed function is simple and straightforward and useful.
I couldn't find any transport related issues in the draft.

Minor comments:

Please consider clarifying the following points.

1)  I think clarifying communication model of this proposal will be
helpful for readers.
     It seems to me that a PRE should communicate only one PAA. But, can a PAA
     communicate multiple PREs?

2)  The draft seems to presume PRE to be a multi-homed node. But, is
this mandatory
      requirement? Is it possible to use single-homed node as a PRE?

3)  Is it possible to place a PRE behind NAT? Is there any concern for this?

4)  How p2 (PRE-assigned UDP port number) is determined? Is it possible to use
     ephemeral port? If so, the protocol will need to be robust
against PRE rebooting.
     Similarly, can we use dhcp-ed address for IP2b?

Regards,
--
Yoshifumi Nishida
nishida(_at_)sfc(_dot_)wide(_dot_)ad(_dot_)jp