Re: Gen-ART LC review of draft-faltstrom-5892bis-04

2011-06-07 11:39:50
On Jun 7, 2011, at 3:56 AM, rontlv wrote:

The IANA registry is in
http://www.iana.org/assignments/idnabis-tables/idnabis-tables.xml#idnabis-ta
bles-properties
I saw that in the beginning it has as reference RFC 5892 for the whole
table. Will it stay this way after the change proposed in this draft and
just the three individual values will change based on 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3? or
are there no changes in the IANA registry at all. This is unclear to me
according to the section 3 of your draft.

The table will likely change, based on the input of the expert reviewer. I
assume that a reference to this RFC-to-be would be added to the top of the
table, next to "[RFC5892]". That is, this would be an additional reference, not
a replacement. But that's up to IANA.

Section 5.1 of RFC5892 says "If non-backward-compatible changes or other
problems arise during the
  creation or designated expert review of the table of derived property
  values, they should be flagged for the IESG." . My question was if the
change is backward compatible. The 5892bis draft does not say it.

The draft says:
   This imply the derived property value differs
   depending on whether the property definitions used are from Unicode
   5.2 or 6.0.
We intended that as "non-backwards-compatible"; we can change the wording to
make that explicit.

--Paul Hoffman