Re: [v6ops] Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic-04.txt>

2011-06-08 15:37:46
Noel Chiappa wrote:

From: Martin Rex <mrex(_at_)sap(_dot_)com>

Classification of 6to4 as historic is [in]appropriate use of the IETF
process, because it would be a political .. statement.

Well, we've never done _that_ before, have we? Wouldn't want to set an
unfortunate precedent.

I'm much more worried about the important part that you didn't quote,
that moving 6to4 to historic is a technically inaccurate statement.

How about downgrading it (rfc3056+rfc3068, I assume) from "Proposed" to
"Experimental", acknowledging the fact that "consumers" will likely
have to set it up themselves, it is rarely going to work out of the box
and might not be available in all implementations.

-Martin