Re: [v6ops] Last Call: <draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic-04.txt>

2011-06-10 13:42:01
On Jun 10, 2011, at 11:20 , Keith Moore wrote:

Declaring 6to4 Historic certainly won't prevent people from implementing it.
But the proposed action is clearly intended to discourage implementation of
6to4.  It says so explicitly.  Of course some vendors will ignore it, but
some vendors will probably not ignore it.

I would absolutely agree that the document would be improved if this pointless
recommendation were removed.  I expect some perfectly reasonable people will
still oppose it with understandable concerns.  Nevertheless, I do think this
particular recommendation is inconsistent with the consensus in IETF that a
phase-out plan for 6to4 is unwarranted.

--
james woodyatt <jhw(_at_)apple(_dot_)com>
member of technical staff, core os networking