Re: Last Call: <draft-housley-two-maturity-levels-06.txt> (Reducing the Standards Track to Two Maturity Levels) to BCP

2011-06-11 03:00:40
On 2011-06-11 06:36, Mykyta Yevstifeyev wrote:
whereas you propose making I-Ds almost Standards Track. As it was
discussed before, there is an evidence of leaving PSs without any
action/progress; introducing "Stable Snapshots" there might occur
"Stable Snapshots" left without any action, like PSs. But PSs are RFCs
at least and I-Ds are "nothing-as-per-2026". Adopting this proposal
might result in implementators claiming "we implement "Stable Snapshot"
of the Internet-Draft", which is unacceptable, IMO.

Out of curiosity: why do you find that "unacceptable"?

It's *good* when the stuff in IDs gets implemented, and it's also good if there's clear information *which* draft is implemented.

What can be problematic is when products are *released* with this kind of implementation.

Best regards, Julian