Re: Last Call: <draft-holsten-about-uri-scheme-06.txt> (The 'about' URI scheme) to Proposed Standard

2011-06-17 06:26:21
On 2011-06-17 06:32, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
On 6/17/11 12:03 AM, Mykyta Yevstifeyev wrote:
not
clearly compatible with the web security model,
How?

"about:blank" in particular is magic with respect to security on the web
in various ways (e.g. it can end up same-origin with http:// pages). So
I think we do need to specify exactly when this magic security behavior
takes place.

The spec is not meant to imply that the special same-origin behaviour for about:blank is to be inherited by any other about URI, even if other URIs also return a blank document. Perhaps, I need to make that clearer in the spec.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/