Re: Last Call: <draft-holsten-about-uri-scheme-06.txt> (The 'about' URI scheme) to Proposed Standard

2011-06-17 11:15:04
On 2011-06-17 06:32, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
and because the
normalization is not defined in the spec.
Normalization is defined in RFC 3986.

Browsers don't actually implement RFC 3986 in practice because it's not
compatible with web content, last I checked.... Pretending like they do
doesn't seem to be productive.

It would be very helpful for the IRI WG if browser vendors actually reported what this incompatibility is; and whether UAs indeed agree on what the "right" thing to do is.

So far I'm aware of certain kinds of preprocessing, and workarounds for specific schemes like "data" and "file", but that's it...

Best regards, Julian