Re: External IPR Disclosures vs IPR disclosures in the document.

2011-06-23 05:18:11
Section 4A refers to RFCs.  I'm thinking that it should probably refer to any
submission as soon as the IPR is known about.  RFC Editor enforces it for
RFC's.  ID submission tool looks up the doc to see if there's an IPR disclosure
for any of the previous versions and complains if there isn't an appropriate
notice in the document. "An IPR disclosure has been made for this document or
its predecessors.  Please see xxx for details."

Mike