RE: draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic

2011-07-03 16:29:44
    > From: Ronald Bonica <rbonica(_at_)juniper(_dot_)net>

    > I think that I get it. There is no IETF consensus regarding the
    > compromise proposed below. ...
    > Right now, the only alternative that I see is to reintroduce
    > draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic

But there is no rough consensus to do that either.

There is simply no IETF-wide agreement on _any_ action with regard to killing
off 6to4.

So the only possible response is the IETF's normal response when there is no
rough consensus on what to do, which is to defer any action.

At least, as has been pointed out, we have draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-advisory,
which has already been OKs, and which, _if folllowed_, would alleviate most
of the problems.

        Noel