Re: draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-advisory dependency on draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic

2011-07-06 07:01:58
Yes, I'm planning to check that in AUTH48 and wordsmith it as necessary.

Regards
   Brian Carpenter

On 2011-07-06 14:22, C. M. Heard wrote:
Greetings,

I note that draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-advisory-02, now approved for
publication and in the RFC Editor's queue, has a minor dependency on
draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic, specifically at the end of
Section 1 (bottom of p. 3):

  "A companion document [I-D.ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic] proposes
   to reclassify 6to4 as Historic.  However, this will not remove
   the millions of existing hosts and customer premises equipments
   that implement 6to4.  Hence, the advice in this document remains
   necessary."

That may need to be changed (e.g., in AUTH48), depending on the
outcome of the pending appeal against draft-ietf-v6ops-6to4-to-historic.

//cmh